Whether you’re having trouble encouraging consumers to follow you on social media or your gains have tapered off, you’re probably keen to find new ways to boost your numbers. There are plenty of strategies you can employ to encourage sharing, reach a new audience, and snag followers on your social media accounts.
Here are a few great ways to boost your social media following now.
- Hone your branding. A consistent brand image and identity can only help to make your company recognizable across platforms and encourage social media following from patrons and prospective customers. Consider what might happen if Coke suddenly changed their logo, their brand colors and images, and their attitude and advertising. They might attract new customers, but they would also risk losing long-time patrons.
By keeping their image and identity consistent, they’ve been able to grow their consumer base across generations and become one of the most identifiable brands in the world. Understanding your target audience and delivering consistent messaging across platforms is the first step toward encouraging new patronage and building a lasting following, and your internet marketing partner can help you on both scores.
- Understand the strength of each platform. If you’re smart, you’ve already taken a multichannel approach to gaining followers on social media. While you don’t want to spread yourself too thin with dozens of accounts on different platforms, you also don’t want to limit yourself to just one.
Some users are going to prefer Facebook or Twitter while others devote the majority of their focus to Instagram or Pinterest, so you need to have a few different social media accounts to capitalize. The trick is to use each platform to its best advantage. Instagram and Pinterest, for example, are geared toward graphic images, with Pinterest attracting crafty niches, so you’ll want a posting strategy that makes the most of the focus of particular platforms.
- Fish for comments. Comments are a good way to gauge audience engagement, but you may have to prompt followers to get involved by posing questions and otherwise encouraging commentary. You should also work with your branding services agency to keep your audience engaged by reacting to commentary in keeping with your branding. This helps to establish your brand identity, amplifies engagement, and encourages greater following.
- Keep up with competitors. You know the saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. As you and your branding services agency work to build your brand, you can’t afford to ignore what your competitors are doing. By tracking their social efforts, you have the opportunity to note their successes and failures and use that data to formulate your own social media strategies moving forward. Differentiating your brand and speaking to your target audience requires you to establish yourself as separate and unique from competitors, and this means knowing what they’re doing.
- Consider influencer marketing. Although there is a lot of advertising on social media, and your accounts are ostensibly an ongoing marketing effort in support of your brand, you don’t necessarily want your messaging to come across as a pushy sales tactic. This is not what followers on social media are typically looking for.
Influencers can help dramatically when it comes to bringing in new followers. With the right influencers propping up your brand, you could see a major boost to your following, especially if you can work out some kind of deal where you’re not paying them.
In truth, this is no easy feat, since many influencers use their massive fanbase of followers specifically to nab advertising dollars. However, by building relationships with influencers that are in your wheelhouse, you and your marketing partner may be able to get the plugs you seek without having to include #ad on posts.
- Keep it creative with help from your Asheville branding and marketing firm. People spend a lot of time on social media these days and they want to be entertained. They want to be inspired and delighted. They want to be moved. How can you do this?
Creativity is not a one-size-fits-all proposition, so you’ll need to work with the experts at your branding and marketing firm to come up with creative ideas that represent your brand and speak to your audience. This is the best way to encourage engagement, sharing, and new followers.
With help from the creative experts at Storypowered, you can tap into innovative ideas that will take your social media efforts to the next level. Contact the talented team at Storypowered today at 828-450-2551 or online to get started.